In Empires & Puzzles, status effects can be grouped into 2 categories: beneficial effects, called buffs, and hindering effects, called status ailments. Status effects can modify nearly every aspect of a battle (e.g. attack, defense, incoming damage and usage of Special Skills). A wise use of them can turn the tide of a battle. Status effects tipically last from 2 to 6 turns.
- Increased attack and decreased accuracy that only applies when the target has more health than the target.
- A moderate amount mana received for every counterattack. The effect gets diminished for consecutive activations during the same turn.
- Increased chance to dodge Special Skills that do damage. The higher the damage from the special is, the higher the chance to dodge it. Receive mana on dodge.
- Increased attack. Immune to normal attacks, Special Skill attacks and status effects. Can't gain mana.
- The hero is reborn in Chameleon Mode with some health, increased attack, and decreased defense when they die.
Harmful modifiers applied by Debuffers and damage over time. Typically applied to enemies, but in some cases it can be applied to the caster itself. Can be removed (dispelled) by Cleansers and Antidotes, unless they are marked as Undispellable.
(During Attack Boost - stacks with other attack modifiers.)
(During Buff Booster - multiplier always active when character has any other buffs.)